The Alliance wascreated as a coordinator for the promotion of the rights and interest of disabled people in Slovakia towards the parliamentary bodies and other state organizations. It was registered at the Slovakian Ministry of Inner Affairs on March 8, 1994
The aim of the common activity is the active pursuit and creation of equal conditions and opportunities, according to the international documents of civil rights, accepted by the Member State of the UN
Any civil association of disabled people with the status of a legal entity can become a member of the Alliance. Membership is based on an agreement of co-operation between the member organizations. The legal independence of the member organizations of the Alliance remains untouched
The Alliance co-operates with international and national partner organizations through-out Slovakia and Europe to create equal conditions and opportunities for disabled children, youth and adults and the promotion of their civil rights.
The Alliance is member organization of the Disabled People International (DPI) and Rehabilitation International (RI).
- exchange of information between organizations of disabled people through their deputies in the Alliance,
- monitoring of actual situation of disabled people in the SR,
- creation of the database about disabled people in Slovakia, about their living conditions, elaboration of analysis and information of the public,
- promotion of the rightful interest of the disabled people through the deputies in the parliament and co-operation in preparation of legal proposal for governmental and local governmental bodies,
- help in development and activities of NGOs of persons with disabilities,
- consulting and mediation service for institutions working in a field of disabled people,
- education of public and disabled people in using international documents according to the integration of people with disability into society also according to the integration of the SR into EU,
- organising campaigns with the aim to address general public to create barriers free environment,
- participation on a preparation of the National Program of Living Conditions for Inegration of Disabled People into society
- co-operation in promotion of the rights and interests of disabled people with the Government Council of NGOs in Slovakia, with the Parliamentary Committee for the Health and Social Affairs, the Ministry of Health Care in SR, the Ministry of the Labour, Social Affairs and Family in SR, the Ministry of Education and other governmental bodies.
PROJECTS IN THE YEAR 2001:
- Equal opportunities for people with disability in countries of V4 in relation to integration into European union.
Aim of the project: The project is oriented on transformation process in post-communist countries. The transformation has to do with all fields of our life. Referring to disabled people, there is topical the change of legislative system for possibility to integration of people with disability. This is first of all transformation from institutional care to equalization of conditions for people with disability in all fields of their life.
The main aim is to analyze current valid legislation of four countries of Visegrad in relation to integration of disabled people with diverse disabilities in four principal areas: healthcare, environment, education and social care. Such an analysis will help every partner of this project to obtain important overview about regional conditions for integration of disabled people into society. We will obtain number of financial means in each country spending to provide equal opportunities for disabled people in the remained four fields and what are strength and weaknesses of the system in real life in each country.
After obtaining written materials separately from all countries of Visegrad, will be realized analysis and mutual comparison of the situation in two ways:
- In the first step we compare legislation among all of Visegrad countries: Poland, Hungary, Czech republic and Slovak republic. This information will be objective of the International conference in Bratislava with participation of state representatives and representatives of NGOs of V4.
- In the second one we will compare this information with legislation of some member countries of the EU (i.e. Nederland, Denmark, Germany). The comparison is aimed at differences between systems in countries preparing for integration into EU and member countries of the EU.
- We will notice point of view on individual with disability, financial system and equalization of conditions for people with disability on labour market. For this aim will be organize Round Tables discussions taking part by participants from V4 and from EU.
This project all in all is contribution of the non-governmental sector in Slovakia to prepare Visegrad countries for integration into European Union. The comparison of legislation between four countries of Visegrad and some member countries of the EU are an important part of the project. That will show to countries preparing to become members of the EU way for approximation of the law referring to living conditions of disabled people in the four areas: healthcare, environment, education and social care.
Concrete consequence of the project will be showed in short term and long term matters. During the project will be edited two publications:
- First one will content information from Poland, Hungary, Czech republic and Slovakia about system of equalization of conditions for disabled people in this countries and its reflection in current valid legislation.
- Second one will reflect results from discussion in "Round Tables" among representatives from Visegrad countries and some one from EU member countries. That will be comparison of legislation on both sides.
Both of publications will content notes, which could be helpful by next alteration of legislation (in relation to integration of disabled people) into society and will be provided to state bodies responsible for creation of new, adequate legislation.
Results and experiences gained during the project will "screen" in long term matter into work of specific organizations associating disabled people of diverse disabilities. The Alliance of Organizations of Disabled People in Slovakia will organize training and educational seminars after finishing this project to widen results of this project among state representatives and representatives of disabled people in all regions of Slovakia.
Workable centre network Europe (Transnational network).
Disabled students and graduates remain, even in the 21st century, a disadvantaged group in the labour market. Disabled graduates are still less likely than their non-disabled peers to be successful job seekers despite many of them having excellent degrees. Very often as well, they do not receive the academic and practical support services they should from within the universities they attend, particularly in career services. WCN Europe wants to look at and deal with these issues. With specific work packages designed to undertake this work, WCN Europe now wishes to consolidate and expand the programme which began in the pilot phase.
The underlying basis of this transnational network is to overcome the barriers during the study and barriers which meet recent graduates with disabilities at the entrance to the labour market. Although this target group has been able to manage the study and to graduate successfully, existing attitudes and prejudices have built up barriers for them in entering the labour market. As an example, legislation in most European countries make employers afraid that employing a person with a disability might make it impossible to terminate a contract and be costly to their business. These views are mostly based on a lack of information but, nevertheless, this builds up barriers for those wanting to enter the labour market.
There is an urgent need to offer opportunities for getting in contact with employers in a situation, which is not based on such prejudices and misinformation. Placements have proved to be an ideal possibility of overcoming this barrier. Other sources of adaptations (e.g. funds for equipment, work assistants…) can be involved, as required. The process of the placement will enable a decision to be made as to whether job integration is possible or not and of the advantages of integration for both sides. Students have a unique chance to practice their knowledge, abilities and skills and to learn how to prepare themselves in the future for being successful. Employers will learn a lot about their organisation from a different perspective when work and processes have to be evaluated according to "extra-ordinary" users and also about a special source for getting highly motivated and well skilled staff.
We have also involved monitoring of the interest of high school students and their parents in this project.
|| AOZPO SR
|| Žabotova 2
| 811 04
MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS OF THE ALLIANCE:
- KIDS - Community of Disabled Children and Young People
Myjavská 14, 811 03 Bratislava 1
t.č.: 02/5441 6883
- League against Rheumatism in Slovakia
Nábr. I. Krasku 4, 921 01 Piešťany 1
t.č.: 0838/7623 511
- Organization of Hard PhysicallyDisabled People in Slovakia
Ľ.Okánika 6A, 949 01 Nitra 1
t.č.: 0814/937 219
- Multiple Sclerosis Slovak Union
Vančurova 1, 971 00 Trnava 1
t.č.: 0805/531 130
- S L O V I L C O
Hurbanova 23, 036 01 Martin 1
t.č.: 0824/365 19
- Down Syndrome Society in Slovakia
UPKM Limbova 14, 833 01 Bratislava 3
t.č.: 02/5936 9324
- Union of Children's Clubs for Handicapped Children and Young People in Slovakia
Ťahanovské riadky 23, 040 01 Košice 1
t.č.: 095/6332 517
- Samaritan Community
Novoveská 32, 841 07 Bratislava 42
t.č.: 02/6477 6452
- Psoriasis Society
Kuklovská 3, 841 04 Bratislava 4
t.č.: 02/6542 4712
Šoltésovej 9, 040 01 Košice 1
t.č.: 095/760 049
- Association for mental health INTEGRA
Areál psychiatrickej nemocnice, 071 01 Michalovce 1
t.č.: 0946/6441 530
- Care Association for Mentally Disabled
Švabinského 7, 851 01 Bratislava 5
t.č.: 02/6381 4987
- Parents and Friends Association for Coeliac Children and Young People
Moyzesova 9, 044 18 Košice 1
t.č.: 095/622 1131
- Association of War Disabled Persons
Jakubovo námestie 12, 811 09 Bratislava
- Association of Disabled People
Poliklinika Tehelná 26, 832 40 Bratislava 3
t.č.: 02/4437 1450
- Union of Diabetics in Slovakia
Prešovská 39, 821 08 Bratislava 25
t.č.: 02/554 224 26
- Care Association for Paraplegics
Záporožská 12, 851 01 Bratislava 5
t.č.: 02/6383 8674
- Club of persons with artificial hips
Haburská 33, 821 01 Bratislava 2
t.č.: 02/4333 5841
- Children's hope Foundation
Rezedova 1, 821 01 Bratislava 2
t.č.: 02/4329 6447
- Association of citizens AURA
Rohožník 215, 906 38 Rohožník 1
t.č.: 0802/848 202
- Care Community for persons with autism
Fedákova 5, 841 02 Bratislava 42
t.č.: 02/6436 2990
- Sport club of Physically Disabled
Očovská 2, 851 02 Bratislava 5
t.č.: 02/6383 8195
- Forget - me - not
Tureň č.300, 903 01 Senec 1
t.č.: 02/4591 8188
- VENUS club
H.Meličkovej 1, 841 05 Bratislava 4
t.č.: 02/6029 1725
- Association of relatives and friends - JOYFULNESS
Rastislavova 12, 040 01 Košice 1
t.č.: 095/762 738
- ELLIS (for disabled children)
Nám. 6. marca 25, 976 45 Hronec 1
t.č.: 0867/6176 547
- Center for help to people with disability
Razusova 754, 022 01 Čadca 1
- Center of Help
Razusova 754, 022 01 Čadca 1
t.č.: 0905 206200
- Civic association - the Road into the Life
Líščie údolie 69, 841 05 Bratislava 4
© 1999 Asociácia organizácií zdravotne postihnutých občanov SR
All Rights Reserved